Saturday, June 17, 2017

Philando Castile And A Cast Of Thousands!


I mean my eyes are bad, real bad, so bad I need glasses so thick you could cook a steak with a well placed sun. But even my lousy eyes saw a man murdered in his car by a cop with a gun up in Minnesota.

Philando Castile was by all accounts a decent guy, a good guy, a guy loved by students at the school he served as cafeteria supervisor. But Philando Castile had one "flaw". He was born black and for that he was gunned down in the passenger seat of a car driven by his fiance and with her 4 year old daughter watching from the back seat. Diamond Reynolds had the smarts to live stream the entire sickening affair on Facebook. Officer Jeronimo Yanez of the St Anthony Police Department, the shooter, was acquitted by a jury of his peers yesterday of manslaughter in the killing. Now again, I'm blinder than an NBA referee but watching that tape pretty much showed me a man shot numerous times for telling the truth to a police officer that he had a registered gun and was going to reach for his license. BAM! Philando Castile bled out in that car as the officer already began covering his own ass screaming that he told him NOT to do something he apparently did tell him. In front of a 4 year old child. And again, nothing will be done.

White people have the prevailing attitude that being a cop is one tough job and it is. The attitude is if you're not doing anything wrong you have nothing to worry about. Well thats pretty much true, if you're white. But its not true if you're black or Hispanic or in the case of Omaha, Nebraska, a Native American. You are constantly under police surveillance. Hell I think Castile had been pulled over 46 times for some strange reason. This crap has to stop.

Speaking of my bad eyes, I know I have seen videos of people, mostly minorities, being murdered, killed, subdued by the cops. But how many convictions? You guess,

I have seen James Boyd killed by police in Albuquerque, Richard Ramirez shot in Montana, Jason Harrison shot in Dallas, Eric Garner choked to death in New York for selling loosies, Kajieme Powell shot in St Louis, Charly Leundeu Keunang murdered killed by LAPD, Walter Scott shot in the back by a dirty cop in South Carolina who had a drop gun, Tamir Rice gunned down by cops who never even bothered to get out of their car.

Do my eyes deceive me? Only if I'm on a jury apparently.

No comments: