Saturday, October 25, 2014

Jack Bruce!



Jack Bruce passed away today. Who didn't think it would be Ginger Baker? After all, Clapton's will to live passed on long ago but Bruce kept on humpin it with Robin Trower or whoever he could play with.

Sorry folks, the 2005 Cream reunion is all we will ever get now. Because if Baker and Clapton ever reunite, who gives a shit? Jack Bruce was the voice and the "God" of Cream, not Eric Clapton.

I have covered Cream before by bashing Clapton but I am not going to do it here. This is about Jack Bruce.

Jack Bruce created the guitar riff of Sunshine of Your Love. What more do you need to know? Dun Dun Dun Dun Dunnn Dunnn Dunnn Dunnn Dunnn...........Wow.

Jack Bruce is gone. Forever.

I guess my point is this. Do not put off seeing your heroes because there may not be a next time. I did that with Warren Zevon figuring hey, he's in his 50's, he'll be around forever. I did not do it with Joan Rivers, seeing her a year before she died. Thank goodness.

I have done that with Willie Nelson who is still alive and hopefully will be for a long time. I have done that with Neil Young who just keeps going.

But geez, who knows? Jack Bruce died and nobody knew he was sick.

See them NOW. Your heroes. And throw your family in there while you're at it.

No comments: