Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Biggest Austrian Celebrity Since Hitler?

I went to see Bruno late on Sunday night by myself because everybody I know has too much common sense to go with me. This movie may be the hardest (no pun intended) R rated movie I have ever seen. It makes Americans look like idiots. Some of it is obviously staged. Some of it is obviously not staged, unfortunately.

I loved Borat. It made me laugh like so few movies do. Borat's exposure of bigotry and hatred and ignorance was classic. Yet he made some of the unwilling actually look like good and decent people. Bruno makes people look like inbred morons.


There was some controversy about this movie as certain gay groups were worried the stereotypes put out there by Bruno would hurt the cause. GBLTQer, please. Nobody who goes to this film is going to think Bruno is a real person anyway. Your enemies are not at this movie, they are over at Transformers watching stuff explode. Anyone dumb enough to walk into this blind is like I said, dumb, and will walk out.


Oh and by the way, I loved Bruno. Sorry for my lack of taste.

No comments: