Monday, September 29, 2008

Bedtime For Bonzonomics?

The only good thing about this $700 billion (yeah right) bailout of Wall Street is that hopefully, once and for all, the notion that by handing the wealthy a whole lot of money, they will be altruistic and let it trickle down to the great unwashed. You know, Reaganomics, the trickle down theory, supply side economics, the Laffer Curve, Noah's Ark, Bigfoot, all that nonsense.

When Ronnie Reagan took over, and conservative America began their 28 year circle jerk, the country was ready for something new. The only problem was Reagan's economic views were based on one thing, I, Ronnie, me, pay too much in taxes. That's it. Oh, you can study the theories and post your graphs, but all it really was about was him. Him and his wealthy supporters. Give me back my money, and I will invest it and all sorts of good stuff will happen. So the Democrats, having had the backbone-ectomy somewhere around this time, went along. The rich got richer. The poor got, well who gives a well there ya go again about the poor.

Regulation is coming back, my friendshh. Trusting you cowboys with money is just not a smart move. They had a 28 year free ride. It's over.

Christ, who am I kidding? This will blow over about the time Simon Cowell starts being snarky and rude again. Ronnie, you are still giving us the Bronx cheer. Congratulations. With that little head nod, and that grandpa tone, you soothed America's crying. Yeah, I may be struggling to pay the gas bill, in debt up to my eyeballs, have no retirement plan, and just feel plain lousy, but by god, I live in a country that can solve all my problems by bombing the shiite out of anybody they choose. U-S-A!

2 comments:

Just Kevin... said...

Amen, brother!

Project Christopher said...

Ditto! Amen!

I did have to go find out what a Laffer Curve was though... learn something new...