Monday, September 8, 2014

Rice A Phony!


She's the victim. I don't care if Janay Rice married a man after the fact he coldcocked her in an elevator. I don't care if she hit him first. I don't care if she was drunk. I don't care if she told Ray Rice she was a Steelers fan. She is the victim here. Not the abuser.

Ray Rice was FINALLY cut by the Baltimore Ravens today after a video was leaked to the media showing a left hook to the right side of a woman's face worthy of Joe Frazier, who only hit other guys trying to hit him as far as I know. It's about fucking time. The NFL increased the "suspension' of Rice from 2 games to indefinite. After the video was leaked. I guess dragging her around like an extra from 1 Million Years BC was not all that bad. Hey, who knows what happened in that elevator, shhhh, icks-nay on that other video, so we here at the lofty towers of the National Football League suspend Ray Rice for two whole games. Oh yeah, you , Josh Gordon, you gotta real problem. You smoke too much weed man. You are gone for a year.

Look, I hate the NFL. I think that league would allow murders at halftime if they didn't think all the do gooders out there would get their panties in a wad. The NFL is made up of the biggest group of old white miscreants since the meeting of the Springfield Republican Party. These people are about one thing. Makin money you fools. Makin money with one sided contracts, merch, overpriced concessions, tickets, parking and extortion of city governments too scared of dim witted fans to say go fuck yourself we aint building you a new stadium.

The NFL has notoriously ignored safety concerns concerning it's players. And yeah, most of the players would give up the right side of their brains to make millions because they are invincible, but that doesn't make it right. You don't let 9 year olds shoot machine guns, do ya? Ok bad example.

The NFL has grown into such a monster it also feels invincible. To put up with the violent jerks who often play the game, to putting up with doctors who send injured players back onto the field, to putting up with racist nicknames that only a cretin would defend, to paying their cheerleaders less than an average child laborer makes, this multi BILLION dollar entity needs to be slapped around a bit itself.

Come on, Roger Goodell, the so called "Commissioner" of the NFL, has the power of whatever his handlers let him have. To suggest that he did not see the elevator video and thus under penalized Ray Rice is ludicrous. He saw it. And he, along with the Ravens owners, coaches and teammates, enabled him to give Ray Rice not the left hook he deserved, but a tiny slap, and then probably apologized.

Screw the NFL. It's product on the field is the most popular sports related product out there. It is a money machine. I own NFL crap myself. I'm part of the problem, granted. I watched games yesterday. Well I watched the Bears anyway. But this league ,much like a lot of stuff out there, really bothers me.

Being a baseball fan first and foremost, football is about third or fourth on my list of sports I must watch. So I really don't get the fascination with the sport and with the NFL. But I actually do get it.

1) it is a weekend activity

2) it's easy to bet on

3) it's violent

4) it allows one to drink beer at 10 am on a Sunday

5) it lets men be men

At least until today.

Remember, she's the victim. No matter what the circumstances.




No comments: