Monday, January 19, 2009

From Dope To Hope!


It's almost over. The 8 years of corrupt, hopeless, dismal leadership has run its course. After tomorrow, that bunch will be gone and a new bunch will be moving in. It can't be any worse.
I am not a hopeful person. Throughout my lifetime I have seen one corporate stooge after another take center stage and pretend to care about the people of this country. There was some hope after Jimmy Carter was elected in 1976 and the crooks were all indicted, jailed or sent into exile. But Carter was too much of a idealist, and unwilling to do things other than his way. Sound familiar? Bill Clinton gave me a bit of hope. I mean as much as a Republican in Democratic clothing could. But Clinton compromised with evil after the 1994 Gingrich coup, and helped the evil ones with their campaign to ruin him with lies by actually giving them a truth to use. Even George W Bush made me a bit hopeful that he wasn't as big a tool as he seemed. Wrong.
Barack Obama makes me feel like Bobby Kennedy did when I was 11 years old. As skittish as I am over politicians and their handlers, I hope Obama is the man. I really hope so. Not for my sake, I am beyond help, but for Max's sake. Let him never know the disappointment of leaders who lie, cheat, and steal. Pipe dream? Yes. Hope? You betcha.

No comments: