Friday, August 16, 2024

Day 4 Road Trip! Kansas City Again!




 I've come to love Google Maps. From Springdale to Kansas City sent me thru rural Kansas again. More Trump flags, another one in front of a convenience store which lost me when I saw it because I needed gas. Sorry, I know 95% of your neighbors think Trump is the cat's meow, but some of us passers thru don't and you lost revenue for a tank of gas and some drinks.

Well, it was a good 4 hour drive along rural roads and frequent turns before I came into Kansas City, home of marijuana dispensaries on every corner and lots of BBQ joints. I like Kansas City, it's a cool city with lots to do so i decided to tour Kauffman Stadium, home of the Royals. This tour not quite as popular as the Arrowhead tour as it was me and a father with his 8-year-old son being the only participants. The tour took you to the suites, the clubs and the press box where actual dents in the wall remain from foul balls that made their way thru the open windows. 

We went down to the dugout where we sat and watched the ground crew lay sod. Then into the visitors' locker room. Jesus, its just glorious so imagine what the Royals locker room must be like.

The tour was fun. Then that night watching the Monarchs lose to the Milwaukee Milkmen (yes thats the actual name) and to the hotel.

Oh the hotel. Since I was just there for literally a few hours to sleep, I didn't want to spend a lot. Boy did I get what I paid for. A dump is being kind. Now I've slept in worse places in my life but not for a while. This one took me back to the infamous Wyoming Hotel where both Max and Max' Mom slept on top of the comforter while I, a veteran of shitholes, slept like a baby under the comforter. This place wasn't that bad though the hallways reminded me of a horror movie. And again, yes, I slept like a baby under the cigarette burned comforter because I have no fear any longer. Or taste I guess.

Another year another road trip. Next time I'm heading north to avoid the hell on earth called the Midwest in August. Hello Canada

No comments: