Wednesday, May 8, 2024

Final Ramblings on New York !

Just some thoughts on New York's unimportant stuff.

Flying into New York can be impressive as you take pictures of everything you will not see when there. La Guardia airport is much bigger than I remembered. 

Times Square is a zoo of mental illness. So many weird things happened there. The Comedy Central hustler trying to get us to go to a "comedy show" then when I said no yelled that now he knew we wouldn't have helped Jews in the Holocaust. Whaaaaaa? The "comedian" who hit me up for $20 for his comedy "download". I gave him $10 cuz I felt generous which only led to other "comedians" descend on me when they saw a $10 bill. By the way the guy "autographed" the QR code so I couldnt download it anyway. I'm sure we missed nothing. The kid who asked us to buy him ice cream. I wasnt feeling generous then and told him to get lost. When he came back after failing to get another sucker to buy him ice cream he pointed at us and said "Thats the guy who wouldn't buy me ice cream" to which my reaction was "get your own ice cream" cuz I have no filter and puts forward my theory I will die in a shooting because I mouthed off to the wrong person. Yet many people commented on my beard and my Mets hat, all positive. The red bleachers which used to be easy to get pics on is now full of tourists and virtually impossible to climb on. They never leave.

The line at the half price TKTS booth has gone from walk up and buy line like in 2015 to hours long wait snakey line up and down that we bailed on and bought full price tickets to Suffs. It was worth the extra $20 or so.


Hotels that put this in your room and then dare you to pay $12 for a Reeses or $10 for a Pringles are the worst. Don't they make enough money off their outrageous rates AND "resort fees"? My advice is to not even look at it as there might be a $5 look at fee.

The incessant honking by NYC drivers is just mind blowing. It just never stops. On the Brooklyn Bridge sitting in traffic behind a truck going nowhere, some guy laid on his horn so long we yelled hey it's not doing you any good. Go early to the Brooklyn Bridge to avoid the crowds. It's mainly just joggers from Brooklyn and older people like us avoiding crowds.

The courthouse is cool seeing the very steps Jack McCoy and the gang of Law & Order people walked down after winning their latest impossible case. The federal courthouse is so closed off it's not worth it, unless you want to see the 4-5 pro Trump sign holders who speak no English and realize what a fraud he is.

Get a hot dog from a street vendor. It's kind of a performance art. And the hot dog is damn good. But he had no relish.

The delis seem to have caught on that everybody wants hot pastrami when in NYC. I did, until I saw it was $25, $10 more than anything else and got a lesser Pesto sandwich. It was great too.

The souvenir shops are reasonably priced by have too much Pro-Trump shit in them. I realize MAGA is so griftable thus making the selling of Trump bobble heads and t shirts with his mug shot on them is profitable. But some of us don't wanna see that and it makes us leave.

Feed the pigeons, even the fat ones. It keeps you humanized.

Go there for 5 days. Plenty of time to do all you want plus see some kick ass Broadway shows.

Don't pay $25 to sit on the beam at the Top of the Rock. It does go up but it never gets close to the edge, so you are never in danger. You can get a picture on a beam that doesn't move. Get TV studio tour tickets before you go. They sell out fast.

Finally, despite the scare tactics of the GOP and the fear mongering by the "liberal" media

Total number of crimes we saw-- Zero

Total number of migrants living on the street we saw--- Zero


We 💖New York.


No comments: