Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Lord Taketh Away...!


RIP Jon Lord. The keyboardist for Deep Purple, one of my 5 favorite rock bands of all time, passed away at the age of 71.

Jon was a musical genius in a band that has never been let in to the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame because Ritchie Blackmore is such a dick or something. But Jon Lord, with his blasting organ, made that band every bit as much as Blackmore did or Ian Gillan did, who's not a dick by the way.

Jon was classically trained, a brilliant musician and seeing him with Deep Purple wayyyyyyyyy back in 1973 in my first concert was such a great memory even now.

RIP, Jon. Getting into rock n roll heaven will not be a problem.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How I love Deep Purple. I can still remember their music. They are a great band during those years and as I'm growing up.
My friend Spokane tim jones also love Deep Purple. He's also in a band.