Saturday, January 22, 2011

Worst Cable Company In The World!



As anybody with any intellectual curiosity (that leaves you Fox folks out) knows, Comcast has begun its reign of error in running MSNBC and subsequently, NBC, into the earth's core, ratings wise, by firing Keith Olbermann. Yeah yeah, he resigned and got a whole lot of money to go away, but he got shitcanned because he's too goddamned truthful. Like Phil Donahue before him, another parade pisser, Olbermann was the highest rated show on that prison documentary dominated network and the big shots at Comcast didn't like it. Donahue got shown the door by the cowards at MSNBC for questioning that Iraq war deal and now Olbermann is on the street for questioning the whackjobs making all that noise in rural America.

Oh I know Keith is a complete pain in the ass. I really wouldn't want to be anywhere around him when he throws one of his fits. But that's just personal stuff. I watched him because he told me things the milquetoasts on network news won't. He was the counterbalance to the liars at Fox, and he wasn't afraid of anybody. He raised millions for the downtrodden and gave hell to the comfortable. The exact opposite of what bullies like O'Reilly, drug addled gasbags like Limbaugh, copycats like Hannity, mental cases like Beck, and nasty excuses for human beings like Ingraham do on a daily basis. I am going to miss him.

Let's hope somebody picks him up as soon as his ban from TV ends. I can't watch a dullard like Lawrence O'Donnell , a really nice, too nice, policy wonk like Rachel Maddow, or a populist barroom loudmouth like Ed Schultz tell me anything. Sorry, not my cup of tea.

I guess with all this talk of civility after the Tucson shootings, I just don't want that. I am sick of the mainstream media's false equivalency of Fox News and Keith Olbermann. They aren't the same. Fox lies and Olbermann didn't. If calling Fox on it's bollocks means civility is dead, well then have a nice wake.

3 comments:

Jack Jodell said...

I am shocked, disappointed, and DEEPLY pained at this news! GODDAM COMCAST!

Unknown said...

well said Max's Dad!

cable tv providers said...

Comcast is the worst cable company for video and Internet. Their recievers are hard to use