Saturday, January 1, 2011

Gee, Thanks Gore Vidal!



Oh there's plenty of crazies out there to win Wingnut Of The Year. Christine O'Donnell, Steve King, Ginni Thomas, Sharon Angle, Carl Paladino, but old reliable Michele Bachmann closes fast to take it at the wire. Why? Because I forgot about all those other kooks until the batshit crazy one opened her mouth on Tuesday night in front of that Michigan Republican bund meeting and described why oh why she became a Republican. Bachmann exclaimed, "Until I was reading this snotty novel called 'Burr,' by Gore Vidal, and read how he mocked our Founding Fathers. And as a reasonable, decent, fair-minded person who happened to be a Democrat, I thought, 'You know what? What he's writing about, this mocking of people that I revere, and the country that I love, and that I WOULD LAY MY LIFE DOWN to defend -- just like every one of you in this room would, and as MANY OF YOU IN THIS ROOM HAVE have when you wore the uniform of this great country -- I knew that that was not representative of my country.
And at that point I put the book down and I laughed. I was riding a train. I looked out the window and I said, 'You know what? I think I must be a Republican. I don't think I'm a Democrat.'

Well thank you, Gore Vidal. Who wants somebody in their party who thinks she's talking to dead people? The woman is stupid. Proof positive listed above.

What did Al Franken say about love of country? Liberals love their country as adults love their parents. Conservatives love their country like 4 year olds love their parents. It's one of the smartest things I've ever read. It's hard to believe Bachmann and Al represent the same state.

Happy New Year everybody!

1 comment:

Jack Jodell said...

Happy New Year, Max's Dad! We'll party hearty when Batshit Crazy is forcibly retired, and I look VERY forward to that day!