Monday, March 1, 2010

Top 10 Reasons I Rooted For Canada In the Hockey Game!



10) The same reason I root against the Toronto Bluejays. Hockey is THEIR game. Baseball is OUR game.

9) We need to apologize for killing their soldiers in Afghanistan.

8) They can see Caribou Barbie from their house.

7) When the polar ice caps melt, they'll be the first to be treading water

6) They gave the draft resistors asylum during Vietnam

5) Those Mounties look so cool

4) They laugh at our birthers and conspiracy nuts

3) Gander, Newfoundland (look for the story Tom Brokaw did on those wonderful folks)

2) They are bilingual and I've yet to hear a Canadian squeal "How come I gotta press one for English?"

1) Their national anthem rocks!

2 comments:

Mike said...

I have just one reason: I'm Canadian.

Max's Dad said...

well congrats to you and Canada. I really was glad.