Friday, July 19, 2019

Send Her Back!!



It was infuriating. I have felt a lot of things in my life when it comes to politics but THIS, this was as disgraceful a moment as I have ever seen. Its embarrassing that we as a country have sunk this low. I cant even describe the combination of emotions that came over me when I first saw the clip. To see a arena full of white people chanting to Send Her Back while their cult leader thrust out his jaw, took it all in, and then continued to attack Rep Omar made me realize what Nuremberg must have been like. Holy shit. What in the fuck is wrong with us?

After the detestable display in North Carolina I fully expected, as I have so many times before, for Republicans to FINALLY say enough is enough. But as usual I was wrong. Instead we got Republican after Republican standing with the Klansman in Chief. Backing him up. Attacking the "Squad". The 4 uppity women of color, or as as most of the polite people at the rally would say, colored women, who dare express their beliefs out loud cannot be tolerated. It was cowardice once again at the highest level. Even those that did have the balls to express some sort of concern backed off soon after Trump claimed he didnt like the chant (which he absolutely did) and went back to attacking Omar as some sort of terrorist suicide bomber.

Look I am not old enough to remember much about the 1960's civil rights fight. I came of age late in the 60's when this sort of behavior was looked down upon. Archie Bunker was a dumbbell to be laughed at. Archie's ignorance was so out there, it was funny. Well today, in the Age of Trump, its not looked down upon. In fact, being stupid is normal. Racism is simply non existent to these idiots. Whites whitesplain what is racist and what is not to people of color. Whites whitesplain what is tolerance is intolerance. Of Them. Of their sincerely held religious beliefs that Jesus was a blonde white man who would have been a registered Republican, would have disdained gays, told women to stay in their place, hated taxes, been a social Darwinist, in other words, an asshole.

So here we are. Back where I thought we'd left. Love it or Leave It motherfuckers! As long as I am in charge of course.

This nightmare cannot end fast enough.

No comments: