Sunday, December 30, 2018

Bird Box!


Really? Netflix says 45 million accounts have watched Bird Box since it debuted. Yeah I'm one of them. I dont get it.

First off I am not a horror picture person. A Quiet Place, though original, did nothing for me. Its just not my bag. Bird Box aint my bag either.
Bird Box features Sandra Bullock, Sarah Paulson (dont blink), John Malkovich, BD Wong (they get rid of the gays fast), Jacki Weaver and the only actor I cared about, Trevante Rhodes (that dude from Moonlight that made me watch it 3 times in 24 hours).

All over the world people are committing suicide after seeing some sort of vision, so to survive you have to walk around with a blindfold on, or drive a car with blacked out windows, just dont look or you end up sticking a knife in your neck, jumping out of a window, climbing into a fire engulfed car, or blowing your head off. Bullock must get her two children, one named boy and one named girl cuz you see she aint a nice person and she doesnt give a shit about anybody, to a sanctuary where the vision cant get to them.

The problem that I have with this movie isnt so much the "horror" aspect but the fact to be a thriller you shouldnt really give away in the first 5 minutes who is going to die and who is going to live. This truly destroyed any suspense the film may have had going for it.

Not that Bird Box is bad, it is not. But its not anything I'm going to remember a week from now. Its a big ehhhhhhhhhh.

No comments: