Sunday, September 17, 2017

Mother And It!


Mother is a movie that got an F from its audience and 69% on Rotten Tomatoes which means 69% of critics are still afraid of saying a movie that sparks controversy is a piece of shit. But I will. This movie is a piece of shit, perhaps the biggest piece of digital trash Ive ever seen and Im old. By the way, the hammer over the head metaphors from director Darren Arrogantofsky Aronofsky penetrated my skull like a migraine headache.

The film stars Aranofsky's main squeeze, Jennifer Lawrence, as the wife of a famous poet played by Javier Bardem who seems to have lost his creativity. They live all alone in the country in a beautiful garden like setting. Two fans show up, played by Ed Harris and Michele Pfeiffer who pretty much take over the house and do whatever the hell they want while Bardem takes care of them like a Father. When Pfeiffer eats breaks Bardem's precious apple in a room she was forbidden from entering, all hell breaks loose. Adam Harris and Eve's Pfeiffer's two sons show up and one kills the other and even bangs his head so he has a big mark on his forehead......oh fuck it.....You get it....The fans continue to show up and trash the house and kill each other and eventually kill and eat Lawrence's baby......

This shitfest goes on for two hours with over the top chaos and more than enough of close ups of Lawrence's cherubic face as she screams and looks on in horror as the Trump Rally in her home goes off the rails more than once. She hollers STOP so many times Im wondering of she didnt mean for her pretentious man friend to just STOP!!!

I cannot stress enough how offensive this landfill of a movie is. Oh I dont mean I was offended as a Christian, cuz I'm truly not one of them, I was offended as a human being with a working mind. This constant water torture of a metaphorical beating gets so bad I kept thinking that Aronofsky himself was going to pop up onscreen and ask did ya get that? Huh? Huh?

Jesus Fucking Christ I get it!! You dont like people or phony Christianity. But like when Bill Maher or Sam Harris or anybody else starts telling people of faith how goddamned stupid they are, I have to say ENOUGH! Bullying sucks no matter what side of the fence you are on. This movie is a two hour bullyfest. Its the worst movie I have seen in my lifetime and my first theater movie was Mary Poppins thus admitting how old I am.

STOP! The worst movie of the 21st century has been released.

IT is a movie breaking box office records the last two weeks with its scary clown theme. The children who run around and try and stop the scary clown who eats children every 27 years is to be quite frank, boring as all shit. I didnt care if any of the kids got eaten or not by the time this exercise in futility hit the two hour mark. I just didnt care.

IT has fine acting from kids. They were all very talented with no material to work with. So I did like that, but acting school shouldnt last over 2 hours.

As I was leaving the theater I then tried to make IT, like Mother, a metaphor beating me over the head. All I could come up with is that the clown was a metaphor for Donald Trump. A scary clown intent on dividing and instilling fear. If you think of IT like that from the start, it may be only slightly dull. But I wont be doing that because I have no intention of seeing IT ever again.

Tonight I'm going to watch Ken Burns' Vietnam documentary to cheer the fuck up.....Did I mention Mother is absolutely atrocious???

No comments: