Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Miwwi Vaniwwi



Back in 2001 when the International Olympic Committee counted up all the bribe money and rated the various hookers from each competing country, they awarded the 2008 Summer Olympics to Beijing. Good move, and I say that with all the sincerity of a Chinese Government official.


Oh I know. China's rulers run a repressive regime that kills its dissidents, jails its troublemakers for years with no charges, keeps the poor poorer than poor by keeping all the corporate money for themselves, lies pathologically to its own people, and eats dogs for chrissakes!. Other than the dog eating, you wouldn't know the difference between their corrupt bunch of leaders and the current group of thugs running things around here, though I'm not positive Cheney hasn't chowed down on a poodle or two.


I don't really care how corrupt the Chinese government is, I don't live there, but they really have gone too far now. The little 7 year old girl above has a beautiful voice, though you'd never know it. Why? Well, because Simon Cowell, or whoever fills that role in Sino-land, decided she wasn't cute enough. So some cuter little girl got to lip sync and the world was fooled. Then the Chinese phonies computer generated the gigantic fireworks display, which still didn't come close to being as spectacular as my block on July 4th.

2 comments:

Just Kevin... said...

You didn't type Miwwi Vaniwwi....

See? We're both twisted! It's the nuns I tell ya...and our parents! Yeah! Sister Thomas and that handbell! Dad and Mr. Comissioner! Mom and...well...Mom! Great post, bro!

Just Kevin... said...

I thought I spelled commissioner right...really...I thought I did.