Monday, June 30, 2008

Wow, 1987 Really Sucked


With all the talk about the Top 100 Movies of the last 25 years how about this list: Five movies from the last 25 years I liked and you can't possibly under any circumstances think I have a brain cell left in my head for admitting it. But here it is:
1) Street Smart--1987--Chris Reeve wasn't much of an actor but Kathy Baker and Morgan Freeman are. If you can't watch Morgan Freeman as Fast Black, the bipolar pimp, threaten Kathy Baker's eyes with a knife, and not think damn, is that emeffer a real pimp?, well then you just can't.
2) The Pope Of Greenwich Village--1984-- yeah I know Eric Roberts chews up scenery and Mickey Rourke pre-plastic surgery) refuses to chew anything but this little movie about a couple of losers and a horse racing scheme hit home with me.
3) Saving Silverman--2001---No it has nothing to do with Sara Silverman, thank God, but Jack Black, Steve Zahn, Amanda Peet and especially R Lee Ermey crapping in the bushes amused me. It still does. I am a sick man. Oh yeah it has something to so with Neil Diamond.
4) Disorderlies----1987----- The Fat Boys come to care for Ray Milland while Tony Geary tries to whack him. I can't understand a word that comes out of the Fat Boys' mouths, and Tony Geary does a bad Harvey Korman impression. oh hell the movies sucks but once again, I was amused by the complete stupidity of it.
5) Who's That Girl --1987---I should lose all my civil rights for this one but sorry, Madonna and that helium voice made me like her for 90 minutes or so. Oh yeah, I do like Griffin Dunne in most anything but this one won't appear in his Best Of DVD. It should, but it won't. Yeah, kill me but I admit it. I liked it.

No comments: